2010/11/08

Gluten-free shortbread

Here's a really good recipe for shortbread I found on the Internet some time ago. I'm quite surprised at how many things people stick in shortbread, but I really love the original, butter, flour and sugar version.

The ingredients are:

2 cups of rice flour
1 cup of corn starch
1 cup of sugar
1.5 cups of butter

Sieve the flour, starch and sugar together and then mix in the butter by hand. When you have a soft dough you just shape it. Some people make balls and then flatten them to make cookies, others use molds... I tend to stick it all in a baking tray -that's in, not on- and use a knife to make lines along the dough, making shortbread fingers. Preheat the oven and then bake it at about 290ºC - it should take about 20 minutes, but you can tell when it's ready from the colour - browned, but not too much.

I sometimes also sprinkle some sugar over the top while it's still warm - just because :)

Enjoy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario